These should astound you, like they did me. From Shane, who got them from the book Megashift. Sounds like a good read.
- Between 1990 and 2004, Christians in Cambodia grew from 200 to 400,000.
- Kazakhstan went from 100 evangelicals in 1990 to 6,000 in 2004.
- Guatamala is now 44% born -again Christians.
- El Salvador is at 53%
- About 25,000 house churhes were started in India in 2002.
- China has the largest church in the world with 115 to 120 million true Christians, mostly in house churches. They have about one million active church planters.
- As of 1970, Nepal had 5,200 Christians. As of 2000, its 543,340
- More than 100,000 members of the Hmong tribe in northern Vietnam have turned to the Lord after listening to Christian radio programs (no missionary visits). This was discovered by accident because none of them were literate enough to write the station and report their massive response.