Friday, May 27, 2005

Graduation

Tonight is our Senior Night at CpR, the Friday night outreach our ministry does. This evening, they will have a slide show, an epic drama and some other stuff to celebrate the Seniors. Unfortunately, I will be out of town. Graduation time - what an exciting time to be alive.

I remember when I graduated. It was a time filled with extremes - fear and excitement, the unknown versus the known, feeling like you are ready to be done with your friends and family yet knowing you will miss them.

When I watched my Dteam graduate in 2003, I wrote most of them a letter upon graduation. I'm cheap and didn't feel like buying cards. But even more than that, I could write whatever I wanted to in a letter. I have to admit, I thought it was a great idea. In fact, I still do. Anyway, as I was loking over some of those letters, here are some things I implored them to do as they went to create the future:

- Attend an Urbana conference
A paragon of college missions mobilization
- Serve in an inner city ministry
Because by the year 2050, over 60% of the world will live in an urban setting.
- Mentor someone younger
Like yours truly did for you. Ha.
- Serve in a children's ministry
- Go on an overseas missions trip
- Continue to help lead worship somewhere
For those musically gifted
- Model Biblical athletics
For those that were athletic
- Take the Perspectives class

Photo: One of the class of 2003 with my E. Feb, 2003.

No comments:

Post a Comment