Friday, December 31, 2004

My first flame

When I started this blog, I never quite imagined that I would have hostile people reading it. Well, I got my first yesterday. You can read the comment under this post about the spiritual state of Sri Lanka.
I was pretty shocked when I read it. Not shocked at the sentiment, but that it was related to my blog. My last expectation was that someone would be upset with something that I wrote. Although now I should not be so surprised.
On another note, can you sense the emotion in his comments? I read a lot of anger and resentment, among other things. All the more reason that we need to really do our homework when we send students to other cultures.
I think Merl is a person who has seen first hand evidence to the statistic that 75% of our short term trips do detriment.

No comments:

Post a Comment