Erwin on living by faith
When people live by faith, they act like this:
- if we can do this without God, it doesn't count
- We are supposed to hear the voice of God, instead we borrow each other sermons
- People need leaders who can speak to what they have heard in conversation with God.
He told a story later about his son and him teaching him to:
- listen to the voice
- identify who the voice was
- treat God speaking to you as a gift, nurture it, value it, obey it. If you do these things, it will be come clearer and clearer.
- if you don't obey it, God's voice will stop, and you will get to a point where you never remembered that God spoke to you, and your heart will become stone.
I've heard a lot more about this idea of late. It's both scary and exhilarating to think that the Creator of the universe has an audible voice.... and uses it to speak to us, to guide and direct us, to engage us in His purpose for the world.