Sunday, March 14, 2004

Making the Grade
Another very tough week at work this past week. I didn't think it could get worse than what I had mentioned a few weeks ago. But it did, in the form of a performance review about 2003. Wow. Apparently, I'm not really making the grade, although people think I can. It's interesting. I've always rated above the 'just meeting' standards, except for 2003, in which I felt like me and my team worked double. In fact, in 2003, I personally worked over 50% of the weekends. Not all weekend, but in some fashion or another. But let's not dwell on that. Evidently, it's not only a quantity issue, but a quality issue. My team's deliverables need a little more diligence.
The first response I had was, of course, I could certainly due without this. On a deeper level, I asked myself if I could really do this job? Eventually, I came to the conclusion that the Great Accuser, of course, wants you to think that. And he will use any and all means necessary for you to think that you cannot do it.
This all in the midst of a high school retreat, plans to see The Passion with C&B, and getting 4 summer mission trips off the ground.
It's been a rough week around here. And a few months ago, after some very successful SPACE launches, when lots of people got excited about what we were doing, when I felt like we were really rolling, I asked myself if it was going to always be this easy. Well, apparently not. But I should have never expected it would be easy. Good, worthwhile, a sacrifice, but never easy.
After a few days of dragging, I'm expectant again. Lord, bring your glory!

No comments:

Post a Comment